Family Support, Training, Assistance, and Resources (Family STAR) is the Family-to-Family Health Information Center (F2F HRC) of Florida and is funded by a grant from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA).
This program will assist families of Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs (CYSHCN) to make informed decisions about health care for their children, providing:
Our goal is for families to be effective partners in healthcare decision-making at all levels and report satisfaction with the services they receive.
• Partner in all levels of the decision making process
• Through medical home, have access to comprehensive health and related services
• Be able to obtain early and continuous screening, evaluation, and diagnosis
• Have the information to ensure adequate public and/or private financing of the
services they need
• Have access to community services that are organized so that families can use them
• Receive services and resources so that they can successfully transition to all aspects
of adult health care, work, and independence
• Welcome to ESE
• Transition from IFSP to IEP
• Self – Determination
• Understanding ADHD
• Positive Behavioral Supports
• Healthcare Transition Planning with Sticky Notes
• Section 504
• Beginning the Journey I and II
• The Nuts and Bolts of Starting a Support Group
• Transition from Pediatric to Adult Health Services
• A Parent-to-Parent Support Group
• Understanding Healthcare Issues
• Understanding the Service System
• Planning is Crucial. Wills, Trust, and Guardianship
• Tools for Independence
• Involve the Whole Family
• Patient Protection and the Affordable care Act – 101
• Planning for the Future; Accessing CDC Plus, Waiver Services, University/College
Services, and Transportation.
FND is the Family Voices State Affiliate Organization for Florida. Family Voices aims to achieve family-centered care for all children and youth with special health-care needs and/or disabilities. Through this national network, Family Voices provides families tools to make informed decisions, advocates for improved public and private policies, builds partnerships among professionals and families, and serves as a trusted resource on health care.
To learn more about the national initiatives of the National Family Voices, please visit the Family Voices website.
“This project is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) under grant number H84MC21660, F2F-HIC Family STAR Project with the award amount of: $95,700.00 . This information or content and conclusions are those of the author and should not be construed as the official position or policy of, nor should any endorsements be inferred by HRSA, HHS or the U.S. Government.”
"*" indicates required fields
Give us a call at (727) 523-1130 or (800) 825-5736 or request a callback by clicking below.