October is National Disability Awareness Month (NDEAM). The Office of Disability Employment Policy, under the U.S. Department of Labor, has been celebrating this event for 70 years. ‘This is the time to celebrate the many and varied contributions of America’s workers with disabilities. The theme for this year — which marks 70 years since the first observance — is “My Disability is One Part of Who I Am.” ‘ Office of Disability Employment Policy.
For this purpose, the Office of Disability Employment Policy offers several resources for communities to join and support this celebration.
- The official poster “My disability is one part of who I am”, is available in English and Spanish at this link.
- The Resource Toolbox includes resources to assist organizations in planning and implementing National Disability Employment Awareness Month (NDEAM) activities.
- Download and Order the NDEAM Poster
- NDEAM Drop-In Articles
- Sample NDEAM Proclamation
- Sample NDEAM Participation Press Release
- Sample NDEAM Social Media Content
- Social Media Accessibility Tips
- As well as a 31 Days of NDEAM slideshow of ideas for employers, educators and youth service professionals, associations and unions, disability related organizations and federal agencies.
With so many great resources ready to use, there should be no excuse to celebrate. Join the celebration now!