- This event has passed.
Online Workshop – Beginning the Journey: Part II
March 31 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
“Give a child an intervention, and they will learn for a day.”
“Give a family Early Intervention Services, and the child will learn throughout their lifetime.”
Join Parent Training Coordinators Soren Richardson and Luke Wilson in this two-part series as they share their journey of the transition process from Early Intervention Services offered to children from birth to age 3 to the Prekindergarten Program for Children Living with Disabilities and the exceptional student education system for children ages 3 through 21.
Beginning the Journey I Workshop Agenda:
Beginning the Journey Part II Agenda:
In Part I of our Beginning the Journey series, we explored Early Intervention Services for children from birth through age 3. Part II of our workshop series helps parents understand what happens during the process of transitioning to Exceptional Student Education Services for children ages 3 through 21 and the Prekindergarten program for children living with disabilities.
Topics Covered in Beginning the Journey II Workshop Include:
- How children are found eligible for Exceptional Student Education Services and options for parents whose children are not eligible for continued services.
- The step-by-step process of transitioning from Early Intervention Services to the Prekindergarten program for children with disabilities.
- What is Child Find, and what does it do for my child?
- The choice of accepting services or opting out of services
- What happens next and what to do while you’re waiting
- The differences between the IFSP (Individual Family Support Plan) and the IEP (Individualized Educational Plan)
- The purpose of the IEP and its annual review process
- How parents can become active participants to improve the educational and developmental outcomes for children living with disabilities.
- Tips to help you prepare your child for the transition to new services
- The procedural safeguards that protect parent and student rights
- Personalized insights, tips, and strategies from Soren and Luke based upon their families’ experience through the Early Intervention and Transition Processes.
Join us for this Facebook Live Workshop at: