Family Network on Disabilities has developed the two following disaster readiness resources for people with disabilities and their families. We understand first-hand how stressful and confusing these times are for any family, much more when families have a loved one with special needs who requires more planning and support.
What’s inside and how can it help?
Disaster Readiness – 12 pages (click to view, print, or download)
* Evacuation Planning
* Actions to be Taken in Emergency Situations
* Family Emergency Plan (Includes Sample Family Plan)
* Tip Sheet on Helping Children Cope with Disasters
* Making a Plan for Individuals with Disabilities (Includes Plan Maintenance Chart)
* Special Needs Shelters
* Notes Page
A Disaster Supply Kit (click to view, print, or download)
- The Six Basic Areas You Should Stock for Your Home
- First Aid and Supplies
- Clothing and Bedding
- Tools and Emergency Supplies
- Special Needs Items
- Item Checklist
These resources are completely free of charge and can be used online or can be printed as needed.
Please feel free to contact us for questions or more information.